Home                

Monday, May 10, 2010

Ten Tips for a More Fabulous Life!

Inspire, Thrive, Support, Love, Laugh, Enjoy...




















Want to be happier, healthier and look more fabulous?  Here are some of my favorite lifestyle tips.  Strong advice from strong leaders in the fields of health, spirituality, style, beauty and more.  Go ahead, be inspired!

1.  Believe in Yourself
“Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember you can achieve.” - Mary Kay Ash, American businesswoman and founder of Mary Kay Cosmetics, Inc

2.  Be Present
"So many of us think we've got to be motivated to act. It's the opposite; You have to act first, and then you'll be motivated. If you're not on the field, you can't win the game." Dr. Mehmet Oz, host of “The Dr. Oz Show”, is Vice-Chair and Professor of Surgery at Columbia University.

3.  Don't Worry
"The list of things that cause us to be filled with anxiety goes on and on. So I have a suggestion for you: the next time you are tempted to worry, pray.  Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand."  - Greg Laurie is the senior pastor of Harvest Christian Fellowship in Riverside, California.

4.  Unplug and Reconnect
"Does your Blackberry get more attention then your family and friends?  Resolve to turn off gadgets during private moments so you can nourish personal connections with complete focus."  - Dr. Phil's syndicated television program is the second highest-rated daytime talk show in the nation. 

5.  Eat Fresh
"What we eat affects everything: our mood, behaviour, health, growth, even our ability to concentrate.  Read the labels on the food you buy, if it sounds like a science experiment, don't buy it."  Jamie suggests sticking with home-style ingredients that sound like something out of Grandma's pantry.  - Jamie Oliver Celebrity Chef.  Join Jamie's Food Revolution for healthier foods in our schools.

6.  Moderation is Key
A healthy lifestyle doesn't have to be all-or-nothing.  If you can eat right and exercize 80% of the time you will feel better and live better!  "Follow the 80/20 Rule to Healthy Eating Habits.  If 80 percent of what you eat is healthy, you can totally have fun with the other 20 percent." - Dr. Douglas Cluff, SvelteLife Weight Loss Program.  Go ahead and indulge (once in a while).

7.  Let go of Hostility
"To forgive and to ask for forgiveness is the best use of one’s energy and one of the most important paths to self-healing.  The absence of forgiveness is holding resentment and also a subtle desire to seek vengeance.  In short it is hostility. Studies have shown that although anger can be a healthy release of pent up energy, hostility is not healthy, and is the number one emotional risk factor for premature death from stroke and heat attack."  - Deepak Chopra is a world-renowned authority in mind-body healing, a best-selling author, and the founder of the Chopra Center for Wellbeing.

8.  Be bold
"A gorgeous home doesn't require big bucks or long hours of toil;  A few easy tweaks can bring the right balance to any space.  A splash of color or pattern—an end table lacquered in raspberry, a leopard-print throw for the sofa—adds a bit of surprise to any spot in the house."  - Interior Design expert Nate Berkus.

9.  Get Coiffed
"One impeccable, classic haircut is worth more than all the styling products in the world.  A haircut is a little like a dress: If you start out with terrific tailoring, accessorizing is unnecessary (but still can be lots of fun)."  - Valerie Monroe has been the beauty director at O, the Oprah Magazine.

10.  Find the Beauty in Everyday Moments
The biggest lesson I've learned from my two year old is to take time to smell the flowers.  It's so easy to get caught up in the stresses of life.  Don't forget to slow down and notice those small, day-to-day blessings.  Go ahead, get excited over ladybugs, a sweet song or splashing in a puddle.  A wise man once said "Life is what happens while you are making other plans."  Don't let it pass you by!  - FabuMom Mother, Wife and Founder of the Fabumom Blog.

Sig

Bookmark and Share

Photo by Nualabugeye 

What advice or tips do you follow for a happier life?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you. Your comments and feedback are very important to me. Have a fabulous day!